Hong Kong is an exciting cosmopolitan city with a population of over 8 million people. Our YMCA boasts a membership of over 20,000 people and also conducts numerous activities for non-members. While the vast majority of our members and participants are of Chinese decent, ours is a very international YMCA with some 49 nationalities represented. The YMCA of Hong Kong’s mission is to fulfil its role as a leading organisation dedicated to the continuance of justice, peace, hope and truth in our local and international community by:
- Providing opportunities for personal growth and understanding of civic responsibility for our young people, members and the community at large.
- Striving to ascertain social needs and effectively acting to offer services aimed at improving the quality of life for all persons regardless of age, gender, race, culture or religion.
- Fostering international understanding and intercultural harmony.
YMCA Camping and Community Programmes
Our camps are offered in a number of regions around Hong Kong in order to best serve the needs and programme preferences of our campers and families. YMCA camping provides a unique opportunity for children to participate in a variety of camping experiences. Our camps build personal assets, provide positive social interactions, develop new skills and challenge children to make choices. YMCA Camping is concerned with the growth and development of every child. Camp programmes and activities are guided by values and we encourage children and staff to put them into action everyday.
Summer 2016: Camp Date June 27 - August 31, 2016
Application Deadline: March 30, 2016
|No. of placement opportunities||12|
We are looking for people with the ability to be positive role models for children. Applicants must be able to represent our philosophy, to help provide opportunities for campers to grow and develop as individuals in a positive and safe environment. Maturity, teamwork, a high level of self-motivation, and compliance with our Code of Conduct, are key competencies of the successful camp staff member.
Competencies of Effective Camp Staff:
- Child-Centred: Demonstrates an ability to provide a child-centred, developmentally and age appropriate environment and programme.
- Values: Demonstrates a high level of commitment to the YMCA of Hong Kong's mission and core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Leadership: Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes
- Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person's YMCA experience
- Concern for Health: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
- 1st aid certificate is preferred.
Attend pre-camp training session (tentatively scheduled 22 - 24June , 2016)
The YMCA Camping and Community Programme Section will provide:
- Visa Sponsorship
- Camp Counsellor Training – Staff Training for all camp staff and counsellors
- Accommodations - Dormitory accommodation in YMCA Hotel or other hotel
- Meals - . Chinese breakfast and dinner are provided for camp days worked. Lunch will be provided at the camps. Meals during off days and weekends will be at own expense.
- Daily stipend of $265 HKD/day for camp days worked. This stipend is intended to help to reimburse airfare and local transportation costs.
- Partial Transportation Reimbursement – To and from work
How To Apply
If you or any of the members of your community have decided that you want to take part on this great programme, please send a resume along with the International Staff Application Form to us by email or mail.
During the hiring process you will be asked to provide 2 references forms and police background check. A telephone interview will be arranged for all appropriate applicants.
Recruitment for 2015 Summer International Staff is already underway and thus we encourage you to apply ASAP to the address below.
|Application Deadline||Mar 30th 2016|
You can also send your information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.